In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Friends of Wood Island Light

Wood Island Lighthouse, Biddeford, 1951

Contributed by Friends of Wood Island Lighthouse
MMN Item 16420 Item Details
Wood Island Lighthouse, Biddeford, 1951
MMN Item 16420 Zoom

Description

Aerial photo of Wood Island Light Station taken by the US Coast Guard in 1951. It is believed that the far right hand side of the building which connects the dwelling house to the tower was built at the same time as the tower itself.

The well with its cover, built in 1939, is clearly visible near the dwelling house foundation.

The original photo is at the Coast Guard Historian's Office, Washington D.C.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.